Today’s card is a classic Valentine filled with love and a pocket for chocolate or something sweet!
Sizes and Dimensions
4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Basic Black (This is your Base)
4″ x 5-1/4″ Real Red (Layer on top of Black Base)
3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White (Layer on top of Real Red)
3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White textured with embossing folder of choice. (Hand Tear on Edge). This piece creates your pocket. Glue the two short sides and the straight edge down. Remember… this is a pocket so you don’t want a lot of glue. Keep it neat and thin. You can use mini glue dots or sticky strip too!
How To Make The Heart Valentine Pullout
1. Cut a 5-1/2′ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and fold it in half.
2. Prepare your Big Shot and Cutting Pads.
3. Lay the folded black piece of card stock on platform… lay your framelit on top of the black cardstock. You want the bumps of your heart to lay just over the edge of the folded cardstock. By doing this you don’t actually cut a full heart. Once your finished you should have a heart that opens. This is what you want!
4. Use your framelits to cut a few extra Whisper White hearts to layer on the inside and outside of your heart. Embellish as desired.
5. I used the Expression Thinlits to create the “Love”… these are no longer available; however, I’m hoping they will make a return in the July 2014-2015 Annual Catalog. We’ll have to wait and see!
Tip: If you have our Expression Thinlits its best to put wax paper between the cardstock and the thinlit. This makes it much easier when popping it out after cutting.
- Real Red Cardstock
- Basic Black Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Expression Thinlits
- Jewel Rhinestones
- Pretties Embossing Folder
- Heart Collection Framelits
- Red Glimmer Paper
- Silver Glimmer Paper
- Wax Paper