Today’s super cute card features the Stampin’ Up! Sea Street Stamp Set and the fabulous Stampin’ Write Markers!
Base & Background
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold in half. This is your base.
2. Alternate between markers to draw your lines.
Tip: I used Stampin’ Write Markers. They are a water based marker.
3. The colors I used are Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Tangelo Twist.
Tip: Use the side of your marker and lightly glide your marker across your paper. You don’t have to have perfectly straight lines. It’s art and you’re creative… let loose and have fun with it!! That’s what makes each card original full of character!!
1. Cut a 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.
2. Cut a 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ piece of Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and layer it on top of your Pacific Point Cardstock.
3. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock for your image.
4. Stamp your Octopus on a piece of Whisper White Scrap Paper in Pacific Point and fussy cut him out.
Tip: Remember… you don’t have to cut perfectly around him. You can easily leave white space in his tentacles and around him. Your mounting him on white paper so you’ll never notice it.
5. Stamp the school of fish across the lower portion of your Whisper White Cardstock in Tempting Turquoise.
Tip: To get the lighter fish… I inked my stamp in Tempting Turquoise and stamped off and then stamped on my good cardstock. This creates a lighter image.
6. Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to pop up your Octopus.
7. Stamp your birthday balloon and fussy cut it out. Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to pop it up off your card.
8. Lastly, I added Stampin’ Dimensionals behind my large Pacific Point square and centered it on the front of my card.
The inside of the card was created to compliment the front of the card and the matching envelope. I used the same color scheme and markers for the bottom portion of my card. Once the lines were finished, I stamped my little extras.
1. Crab – Real Read Ink Pad
2. Stars – Daffodil Delight Ink Pad
3. Happy Birthday – Tangelo Twist
4. Don’t forget to dress up your envelope to match. I add the same lines and color scheme to the envelope flap. Oh, I love it!!!
Scholastic Under The Sea Book Fair
The theme of this year’s Book Fair is Under The Sea. The ladies went all out to decorate for the children. We made coral, spray painted it and added all kind of colorful creatures and textures.
My favorite part of the decorations and wall was my octopus. He was huge and his tentacles each held a book.
He peered around the wall and just made a fun focal point. With that said… I forgot to get a picture with his head on…LOL!!!! I hope you enjoy my pictures of the fair featured below.
Due to all the colors at the Book Fair and the silly sea creatures, I decided to make a fun, happy and colorful birthday card for you today!!