How do you make a card out of scrap paper? Use some scrapbook paper or designer paper & follow this tutorial to make a handmade card fast!
This design is perfect for almost any Designer Series Paper. You can use one or two designs or maybe 3 or 4 designs. Either way you choose you’ll be able to create a beautiful card in minutes.
I love using Designer Series Paper on my cards. It’s the perfect finishing touch to your card. It’s an easy way to add visual interest, depth or some complexity to your card!
Oh and I love that there is a huge assortment of different patterned papers – with every pattern, color, and style you can possibly imagine!!
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my project and tutorial today. If you don’t already have a demonstrator and need catalogs please let me know. You can request a catalog HERE. I’d love the opportunity to help you and earn your business. Happy Stamping!! Brandy
Designer Paper – Friendly Hello
(Jan. – Feb. 2022 Sale-A-Bration)
Designer Paper – You’re A Peach
(2021-2022 Annual Catalog)
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic White Cardstock, score at 4-1/4″. This is your card base.
2. Cut a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Basic White Cardstock. This piece is for your designer paper strips.
3. Cut (4) 1″ x 3-1/4″ designer series paper strips.
4. Adhere your designer paper strips to the Basic White cardstock leaving approx. 1/8″ if an inch in between. Then, add dimensionals behind the Basic White cardstock. Center and adhere to the front of the card.
5. Use the Amazing Thanks Dies to die cut a Basic Black “thanks” outline.
6. Die cut a Basic White detailed thanks.
Tip: Adhesive Sheets work very well with this small detailed thanks die.
7. Adhere the Basic White thanks to the top of the Basic Black thanks outline. Then, adhere to the front of the card.
8. Embellish with the gem or jewel of choice.
Follow me on Pinterest and save this scrap paper card to your favorite card making or paper craft boards.
Friendly Hello Bundle
FREE – Sale-a-bration
Loved watching this video. Can’t wait to try it. You always make it look so fun and easy.
I made your scrap cards last night. They turned out so pretty. I layered one like you have done but ran it through the stitched greenery die, so pretty, another I didn’t use the top white layer, I just layered the scrap strips directly onto the cardstock using your same layout and also ran it through using the same die as above. My gosh, so pretty. Thank you for these ideas.
So interesting and always wondering what to do with all those little pieces of patterned paper and cardstock. Thanks for showing us this.
Just love how you have used up any small pieces of scraps to make a beautiful card.xx
Thank you for all you do to make these tutorials for us.
I am truly blessed by you.
I have been using Stampin Up products since 2011.
I am a Demonstrator for the last 10 years(I think they call it a “hobby Demonstrator “, but I am thankful for my talented leader and the many talented people who share what they love to do.
Blessings to you ?