Today’s video tutorial features the Stampin’ Up! An Open Heart Stamp Set!
Have you ever purchased a stamp set and used it once and just couldn’t come up with another design or idea? If so, this video is for you. I’m excited to share with you 5 cards all designed using this stamp set.
This card was my favorite! I hope you enjoy today’s video tutorial and would love to know which is your favorite. Have a Blessed Day!
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Soft Sky Cardstock and score at 4-1/4″. Fold this piece in half and this is your base.
2. Using an Early Espresso Stamp Pad and the Hardwood Background Stamp to stamp the Hardwood on the top of your card.
Tip: Set your background stamp on a flat surface. Apply your Early Espresso Ink. Next, place you base on the top of the stamp, cover it with a scrap piece of paper and evening & gently rub all over. Carefully lift up your scrap paper and base!
3. Use a Stampin’ Up! Sponge and an Early Espresso Ink Pad to flick around the edges of your base. Carefully sponge on the top of the base so that it tones down the Soft Sky Base and it appears a bit more rustic.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and set aside.
2. Cut a 5-1/4″ x 3″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock and set aside.
3. Cut a 5″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Crumb Cardstock.
4. Using an Early Espresso Stamp Pad and stamp your fern image on the left and right side of the Crumb Cake Cardstock.
Tip: Be sure to re-ink your stamp each time you stamp it to achieve a striking image!
5. Next, using adhesive center and add the stamped Crumb Cake Cardstock on top of the Early Espresso Cardstock.
6. Now add the Early Espresso Cardstock on top of the Whisper White.
7. Tear the bottom portion of your Whisper White Cardstock.
Tip: By adding the Early Espresso Cardstock before you tear your Whisper White Cardstock your able to see where you want to tear it. The Early Espresso serves as a guide!
8. Using adhesive, add the Whisper White Cardstock on the top of your base. Be sure its flush with the top of your card!
1. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 3″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock and set aside.
2. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Soft Sky Cardstock and set aside.
Tip: Use a Stampin’ Sponge and an Early Espresso Stamp Pad to flick the edges of the Soft Sky Cardstock!
3. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
4. Using an Early Espresso Stamp Pad to stamp your greeting/sentiment and bird.
Tip: Stamp your images before adhering it to your Soft Sky Cardstock. This way, if you make a mistake you can flip the Whisper White Cardstock over and try again!
Tip: You can use any sentiment or greeting you would like. The bird and greeting I used are from the Stampin’ Up! An Open Heart Stamp Set!
5. After stamping your image, use adhesive, center and glue your image on top of the Soft Sky Cardstock.
6. Add the Soft Sky on top of the Early Espresso.
7. Next, use pop dots to add the Early Espresso piece with your image on the top of your card.
Tip: I used the Stampin’ Up! stampin’ dimensionals because they add a nice lift on top of your card.
1. Using the Stampin’ Up! Petite Petals Punch to punch out two Soft Sky Flowers.
2. Use a Stampin’ Sponge and an Early Espresso Stamp Pad to flick the edges. This tones down the Soft Sky and makes it a bit more rustic.
3. Use a mini glue dot to layer your flowers.
4. Next, punch a hole for a copper or espresso brad or candy dot!
Tip: I used a mini glue dot to add my Petite Petals to the top of my card!
5 Cards – Featuring An Open Heart Stamp Set – Tutorials Click Here!
An Open Heart Gift Packaging Tutorial – Click Here!
Bind Your Catalogs
Visit Staples or Office Max to bind your catalogs!