THIS FUN POINSETTIA IS A GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
I love decorating for the holidays! From the outside lights to the tree inside and even the beautiful seasonal pieces that are on display… I love them all!
During this joyful time of the year, we are all looking for fun gifts and ways to delight our friends and family. Have you ever thought about making them a set of handcrafted coasters? If not, you must give this a try!
I have made decorative coasters for so many occasions. I enjoy making them unique and giving them as gifts. I know you will too!
2. Ink up your image using StazOn black ink.
3. With a firm and solid pressure, stamp the image to your tile.
Tip: You want to be sure that your stamp has plenty of ink on it. Otherwise, you will not be happy with the stamped image.
Tip: You also want to take note of where the holes or porous spots are in your coaster. You may want to route it so that your sentiment can be stamped in a more smooth spot etc.
4. Let the image dry!
5. You can add color in a couple of ways. You can color it using a sharpie. If you decide to use a sharpie, you will not be able to layer color to create depth.
6. You can also add color using a Blender Pen and Stampin’ Pastels aka Chalk!
7. Color a thin layer of real red to your flower and then continue to layer the color.
Tip: You can use a sharpie to trace various lines to make the image appear more vibrant.
Tip: Keep in mind that your coaster will look dull. The colors will pop beautifully after you glaze and seal it!
8. After you’re finished adding color… decide if you’d like to use Krylon and seal the entire coaster or use crystal effects and seal only the image.
9. If you decide to use crystal effects, then add a thick… not too thick layer of crystal effect over your flower.
Tip: It will take a good 3 to 4 hours for this to dry.
10. Add your jewel rhinestones to the wet crystal effects.
11. Let Dry!
12. Once your coaster is dry, add the foam circles to the bottom to protect the surface it will be displayed on.
13. Wrap or box up a set (4 coasters) and give as a gift!
Tile, Foam Pads, StazOn Black Ink, Jewel Rhinestones, Pastels (Chalk), Blender Pen, Red Sharpie, Green Sharpie, Black Sharpie, Crystal Effects, Joyful Christmas Stamp Set