Today’s Epic Guitar is from the Stampin’ Up Sale-a-Bration Epic Celebration Stamp Set and is colored using Stampin’ Blends.
My son, Tyler plays the guitar and is always rocking out to Van Halen and Journey. As soon as I saw this image, I knew it would be one of the first sets I would create with. I love it!!
Did you notice the new textured background on this card? It’s the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It’s for sure a go-to embossing folder for me. I love the simple clean lines. Awesome!!
To color the guitar, I used the light and dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blends and highlighted with a color lifter. The neck of the guitar was colored in Smoky Slate. I also added a Wink of Stella to create shine.
I hope you enjoyed my video today!! Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards!! Hugs, Brandy
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock. Score it at 5-1/2″ and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece on top of your Basic Black card base.
3. Cut a second 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece inside your card.
1. Cut a 2-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock.
2. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the top of your Basic Black rectangle.
3. Add a few dimensionals behind your Basic Black rectangle. Center and adhere it to the top of the your Real Red rectangle.
Tip: I used Stampin Blends to shade and color the guitar. The body of the guitar was colored using both light and dark Cherry Cobbler. The neck of the guitar was colored using Smoky Slate.
4. Use Mementos Black Ink to stamp your guitar on scrap paper. Color your guitar using Stampin’ Blends.
5. Use your paper snips to cut out your guitar. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals behind your guitar and adhere it to the top of your Whisper White rectangle.
6. Next, stamp your sentiment. on scrap paper, in both Basic Black and Real Red. Use paper snips to cut out your sentiment and piece it together under your guitar.
Tip: I used mini glue dots to adhere and piece together my sentiment.
7. Finally, add some shine to your guitar body using Wink of Stella. I also added a Metallic Enamel Shape for interest.
1. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Real Red Cardstock. This piece will be embossed.
2. Ink up your embossing folder in Real Red Ink. Now, place your Real Red Cardstock inside your embossing folder and emboss it using your Big Shot.
Tip: I used the Simple Strips Embossing Folder. Be mindful of which side of the folder you ink up. This will determine which lines of the stripes will receive the ink.
3. Center and adhere your Real Red Embossing Cardstock on top of your card base.
Tip: To clean your embossing folder rinse it under water and let it dry. If you need to use it again right away… tear a small piece of paper towel and put it in your embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot. You should be good to go!
Sale-a-bration – Promotion Runs: January 3 – March 31, 2018
That’s a GREAT question. Sale-A-Bration is Stampin’ Up’s biggest annual sale of the year!! With specials for customers, hostesses, new demonstrators and current demonstrators – there’s something fabulous for everyone!
For every $50.00 you spend you get a FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration item! Your free item/items must be selected from the exclusive Sale-A-Bration catalog.
- Choose ONE free Sale-A-Bration item when you spend $50 (before ship/tax)
- Choose TWO free Sale-A-Bration items when you spend $100 (before ship/tax)
- Choose THREE free Sale-A-Bration items when you spend $150 (AND qualify for the usual hostess rewards of 10% of your merchandise total)
- There is No Limit to the number of Sale-A-Bration Rewards you can earn.
For every $100.00 you spend you get to pick an even bigger reward. You can select from one of two FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration items!
Bonus Hostess Rewards
- If your order reaches $250 (before ship/tax) you get a BONUS $25.00 in hostess rewards. Woo Hoo!
For more details and to see all items available for FREE… Click Here!!