Today’s cards features the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala and See The Good Stamp Sets. I also used the coordinating Butterfly Duet Punch. This made it so easy to stamp and punch. Oh, I have so much fun creating with this set!!
Every month I offer a color challenge my team. I enjoy participating too and challenging myself. Some combinations are tough but that’s where growth happens. The challenge colors today are Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather and Whisper White. You can use Black Ink but must stick to the challenge colors only. If you’d like to see more color challenge cards designed by talented team click here.
I hope I’ve inspired and that you’ll consider giving this Color Challenge a try. Create a card using ONLY these four colors and visit my Facebook Page. Upload your card in the comments section in the color challenge post. Next, Friday I’ll announce a participation winner and send you a Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and coordinating Butterfly Duet Punch.
Have a Happy Stampin’ Good Weekend!! Brandy
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your card base.
2. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Highland Heather Cardstock. This piece is for the mat layer.
3. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Highland Heather Cardstock. Use Highland Heather Ink to stamp your spots. Flick the edges with your Highland Heather Ink Pad. Center and adhere this piece to the top of your large strip.
4. Repeat cutting instructions #2 and #3 for the Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo strips.
5. Adhere the Highland Heather Cardstock about 1/16″ down from the top of your card base. Then add the Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo Strip.
Tip: Before adhering your strips set them on your card back and find the correct placement. Then pick up the center strip and adhere it. This will help you keep the proper spacing.
6. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 7″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and scroll it at 4-1/4″ and prep fold.
7. Match the bottom of your original card base to the bottom of the second card base. Use adhesive and adhere them together.
8. Fold the card with the fold that will fold over the top. This piece is to layer your butterflies.
9. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Use adhere this strip to the top of your card base panel.
10. Using the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala Stamp Set to stamp your butterfly image (3) time in Memento Black Ink. Add color to your butterflies using Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Highland Heather Ink. Then punch them out using the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Duet Punch.
Tip: Stamp and punch a few extra butterflies for accents and for the inside of your card.
11. Layer the butterflies with a mini glue dot and adhere them to the top of your card.
12. Cut a 4″ x 5/8″ Whisper White Strip. Use your paper snips to make one banner edge.
13. Cut a 1-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Card. This piece is for your sentiment.
14. Center and adhere your sentiment to the top of your Melon Mambo Cardstock. Then adhere this piece to the inside of your card panel.
15. Finish your card by adhering butterflies throughout. Add one butterfly to the top of your card. This one will help hold your card closed.
16. Embellish your butterflies with your favorite gem.