Today’s card was designed for my Blooms and Butterflies Team Color Challenge. This card features the Stampin Up Blooms and Wishes Stamp Set along with a sentiment from the Stampin Up Thankful Thoughts Stamp Set.
I have to say, this was a tough challenge for me. Wowsers!! I struggled on this one but finally figured out a way to start pulling the colors together. I knew I wanted to use the Stampin Up Blooms and Wishes Stamp Set but how was I going to do with this all the colors.
Then, I pulled all the various colors of cardstock. I stamped one flower in each color on whisper white and then again on the coordinating cardstocks. This gave me a real feel for how these colors worked together. Once I was able to see the colors, the card started to come together.
I feel like this particular card has a personality of its own. It’s bright and cheerful but it also makes you go “Hmm, I didn’t know those colors would work together.” Right!! You just never know how great various colors can be together until you give it a try.
I encourage you today to pick up two or three colors you’ve never used together and give it a try. Or maybe you try our team color challenge. You can take a picture and email it to me and I will add it to this post as ideas and inspiration from others. You can email them to me at email@example.com.
Happy Stamping and Enjoy your day!! Blessings, Brandy
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-12″ piece of whisper white cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (1) 5-1/2″ x 1″ piece of rose red, real red, peakaboo peach and flirty flamingo for layering on your card.
3. Using a rose red stamp pad and the small flower from the Stampin Up Blooms and Wishes Stamp Set to stamp your flower across your rose red strip.
4. Do the same thing with the rest of your strips. Use the coordinating stamp pad to stamp your flowers on the cardstocks.
Tip: Use real red ink with real red cardstock. Use peakaboo peach ink with peakaboo cardstock. Use flirty flamingo ink with flirty flamingo cardstock etc.
5. Using adhesive to add your rose red strip across the top of your card. You want to make sure this strip is flush and straight across the top. Then begin to layer the remainder of your strips with flirty flamingo, peakaboo peach and real red.
Tip: Once you have your first rose red strip in place its very easy to layer the rest of your strips.
Note: There will be between an 1/4″ and 1/8″ of an inch of whisper white at the very bottom of your card. It seems to vary depending on your base and your strips. Lol!! I didn’t mind it either way and felt it gave the card a finished look. If you don’t like it… feel free to snip it off.
1. Cut a 3″ x 3″ whisper white square. This piece is for your sentiment.
2. Using a basic black archival ink pad to stamp your sentiment.
Tip: I selected the “thank you so much” from the Stampin Up Thankful Thoughts stamp set.
Tip: If you stamp your sentiment and its not filled it perfectly… use a basic black journaling marker to color it in. It works great!!
3. Next, I used Stampin Dimensional’s to pop the sentiment up off my card.
4. I also stamped a couple additional flowers on whisper white paper using peakaboo peach and real red ink. I hand cut the flowers out and added them to the top of my sentiment.
5. Add a fun embellishment to the center of your flower!
Tip: I used a red sharpie to color on of our metallic enamel shapes. This is the embellishment in the center of my flower.
Products Used Include
Blooms and Wishes
Idea & Inspiration