Today card inspiration features the Stampin Up! Avant Garden Stamp Set. This stamp set is an exclusive stamp set for Sale-a-bration. That’s right!! This stamp set is FREE with a qualifying purchase.
I had so much fun making various versions of this card. As I changed the design layout, I kept much of the same color schemes. The reason being… once I have the design layout I like, then I’ll go back and play with colors.
I did just that with this sassy melon mambo avant garden flower. I love its boldness, but yet it’s sophisticated and fun!!
Or send me an email and I’m more than happy to help.
Thanks for stopping by Brandy’s Cards!! Happy Stamping! Brandy
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of basic black cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of melon mambo. You’ll layer one inside your card and one on top of your card.
3. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of whisper white cardstock. You’ll use your archival black stamp pad to stamp you dotted background. Adhere this piece to the top of your card.
4. Cut a another 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of whisper white cardstock to center and adhere to the inside of your card.
5. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4″ piece of basic black cardstock. Use stampin dimensionals to center and adhere this piece on the top of your dotted background.
Note: If you want to add ribbon or bakers twine you’ll want to do it before you adhere this rectangle to the top of your card.
1. Using a melon mambo stamp pad to stamp your flower: Two times on scrap paper and once on the inside of your card.
2. Next, use an old olive stamp pad to stamp your stem on your flower along with the leaves. Stamp a couple extra leaves on scrap paper.
3. Using an archival black stamp pad to stamp the inside buds of your flower.
4. Cut out your whole flower with leaves and use stampin dimensionals to pop it up off your basic black rectangle.
5. Cut out your extra flowers and leaves and use a mini glue dot to offset them on your flower. This will create more dimension.
Note: If you stamp the flower a third time of scrap paper you can cut it out to pop up inside your card too!
6. Cut a 1″ x 3″ piece of whisper white cardstock. Stamp you sentiment in archival black off to the left side of the strip. Use your scissors to cut a banner on the right side and adhere it to your card.
Items Used Include
(Sale-a-bration Stamp Set)
Basic Black Cardstock
Melon Mambo Cardstock
Old Olive Stamp Pad
Archival Black Stamp Pad
Melon Mambo Stamp Pad
Whisper White Bakers Twine
Whisper White Cardstock