Have you hear of a Stampin’ Up! DistINKtive Stamp? If not, then you’ll want to check them out.
The DistINKtive Stamps add monochromatic dimension and artistic flair to your stamping. These stamps create different opacities in a single stamped image for a realistic depth and intensity.They are fantastic!!
TIP: When using a DistINKtive Stamp you’ll want to make sure your stamp pad isn’t too juicy and apply ink using only the middle of the ink pad. A juicy ink pad will not get the desired dimension and Inking the stamp along edges of an ink pad may cause ink line to appear in the finalize stamped image.
Card Base & Background
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your card base.
2. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Old Olive Cardstock.
3. Use Old Olive Ink to randomly stamp your small Koi fish.
4. Adhere your stamped background to the top of your card base making sure its flush with the bottom edge.
Layers & Sentiment
1. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock.
2. Cut a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. Center and adhere it to the top of the Calypso Coral.
3. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 31/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your stamped image.
4. Color your sentiment using an Old Olive and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker then stamp your image towards the top left corner.
5. Center and adhere this piece to your Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.
6. Finally, use a few dimensionals to center and adhere the Calypso Coral Cardstock to your card base.
Stamparatus & Japanese Koi
Tip: Use your Stamparatus or a placement tool for best results!!
1. Mount your Koi fish to your Stamparatus plate.
2. Ink up your Koi in Calypso Coral Ink and stamp it once.
3. Use a Cherry Cobble Stampin Write Marker to color on specific spots of the stamp and stamp it again on top of the original Koi.
Tip: You can do this several times to get the desired dimension using both Cherry Cobbler and Real Red Stampin’ Write Markers.
4. Finally, hand cut out your Koi and use stampin dimensionals to adhere him to your card.
5. Don’t forget your Artisan Pearl!