This card is simply simple, elegant and smells really good! One day, I was walking through my local grocery store and I saw a package of Glade air fresheners “clean linen” for sale. Of course, I’m always thinking, how can I use those in a crafting project? I decided to purchase a package and head home.
Once I was home, I tried various ways to cut the air freshener. Some worked and most didn’t… until I pull out my Big Shot and Circle #2 Die. I laid my air freshener on the second to largest circle and ran it through. Wow! To my amazement, I found a cut circle that smelled fabulous! I had to figure out a way to use it. Can you imagine, when your friend opens the envelope with the card you just sent, it will smell amazing!
1. Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Whisper White cardstock and fold in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 5-1/4” x 4” piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock.
3. Use VersaMark to ink up your cut Crushed Curry cardstock.
Tip: Make sure you get the entire piece inked up because you’ll be embossing on it next.
4. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the VersaMark.
5. Use your heat tool to melt and set the embossing powder. Your entire piece of cardstock should now be shinny!
6. Place your embossed piece of cardstock in an embossing folder of your choice and add texture using the Big Shot and Multipurpose Platform.
7. Use Tombow Multipurpose Liquid glue to adhere this piece to the top of your base.
8. Cut a 1-1/2” x 5-1/2” Whisper White strip of paper to adhere across the top of your textured cardstock.
9. On scrap paper, stamp your Daydream Medallion in Island Indigo and Crushed Curry.
10. Place your air freshener on the Flower Folds XL Bigz die and run it through the Big Shot to cut.
Tip: Use Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo to sponge out any white lettering.
11. Layer your Daydreams Medallion flower starting with the Island Indigo flower, Crushed Curry Flower and finally add the Flower Folds flower.
12. Next, stamp your sentiment in both Island Indigo and Crushed Curry on scrap paper.
Tip: I free hand cut the inside of the Island Indigo sentiment and glued it on top of the Crushed Curry Sentiment. I wanted the sentiment to be framed in Crushed Curry.
13. Adhere the sentiment to the top of the flower.
Tip: Be sure to look for writing on the air freshener flower. The sentiment gives you the opportunity to hide it.
14. Don’t forget to add your jewel rhinestones!
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.