Today’s card was designed using the Stampin’ Up! Flying Home Stamp Set. It also features the Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper and Glitter Epoxy Shapes.
I had so much fun coloring this card using Stampin’ Blends (Alcohol) Markers. They are so easy to use. They come in a light and dark shade so it’s easy to get the highlights and shadows when blending.
The sentiment is from the Stampin’ Up Petal Palette stamp set. I colored the sentiment using an Old Olive and Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Write Marker. I added a few Glitter Epoxy Shapes to bring the leaves to life.
This card would be the perfect Valentine too! You could change it up and add a heart instead of the word love, or maybe a small heart in the mama bird’s beak.
Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards. I hope you like today’s card and enjoy my video tutorial.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper. Center and adhere this piece to your card base.
3. Cut a 3″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece will be the frame for your image.
Birds & Nest
1. Cut a 3-7/8″ x 2-5/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
2. Stamp your image in Mementos Ink. Then color your image using Stampin Blend Alcohol Markers.
Tip: Using the Stampin’ Blends color the Birds (Pool Party & Bermuda Bay), Nest & Branch (Crumb Cake & Bronze), Leaves (Old Olive).
3. Add a couple dimensionals behind your image. Center and adhere it to your 3″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White Cardstock.
4. Cut a 1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp your sentiment on this strip.
Tip: The sentiment is from the Stampin’ Up! Petal Palette Stamp Set.
5. Color the sentiment using an Old Olive & Tangerine Tango Stampin Write Marker. Stamp it on your strip. And don’t forget to color the birds beak using a Tangerine Stampin Write Marker.
6. Wrap your strip around your image and secure it behind your 3-7/8″ x 2-5/8″ cardstock.
7. Add a couple dimensionals behind the 3-7/8″ x 2-5/8″ cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to your card base.
Tip: I did not use anything behind my sentiment strip. I wanted it to bend a bit.
8. Lastly, I add a bow using either thick white bakers twine or silver bakers twine.
9. Don’t forget to add a few glitter epoxy shapes.
Stamp Sets – Flying Home, Petal Palette
Card Stock – Whisper White, Old Olive and Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper
Stamp Pads – Memento
Misc. – Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine, Dimensional, Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Bronze; Color Lifter and Stampin Blends, Stampin Write Markers: Old Olive & Tangerine Tango
More Ideas & Inspiration from Brandy!
Stampin’ Up! Inspiration