I think a Christmas Scottie melts your heart with a soft, warm, and bright personality so of course, I wanted to put this cute dog on a Christmas card! Know what else is special about this Stampin’ Up! Christmas card? It’s a fun fold AND I’ve got a free printable tutorial for you so that you can make this card.
For those of you who want to see a non-Christmas option I’ve got a design idea for you too!
Have you made a fun fold card like this before? Do you see yourself using the Christmas Scottie or will you choose a different focal point? I love reading your thoughts!
If you want to make your card like mine you’ll want to get the Christmas Scottie bundle; you’ll be able to use this bundle well beyond Christmas too–that Scottie dog is so darn cute!
- Measure, score and cut Basic White Cardstock. See picture below.
- Center and adhere the Basic White Cardstock to the Basic Black card base.
- Center and adhere the designer paper or stamped cardstock inside the card.
- Stamp the Scottie dog on scrap paper in Memento Black. Then, stamp the bow in Old Olive and Real Red. Use punch to punch out.
- Stamp the sentiment in Real Red on Basic White inside layer. Adhere Scottie dog and bow. Center and adhere this piece inside your card.
- Stamp the Scottie Dog and sentiment on Basic White image layer.
- Center and adhere image layer to the mat layer using dimensionals.
- Create the belly band by wrapping the stamped cardstock or DSP strip around the card, so the overlapping ends meet in front of card. Secure the ends with adhesive. The belly band should easily slide on and off.
Scottie Dog Punch
Splendid Thoughts Bundle
Splendid Stems Dies
There are nearly 3 dozen Christmas Card Ideas for you, so you’ll always have lots of inspiration and ideas. Not sure what to write inside your cards? There’s a whole section to help you out with that too!