Happy Father’s Day!!
Today my video tutorial features the Market Fresh Stamp Set and a bit of water coloring!
This card is very, very easy to make. The key to getting a fabulous background and realistic lettuce, strawberries or grapes is coloring on Stampin’ Up! Watercolor paper. It’s fantastic! It’s a durable 140 lb weight so it soaks up the water well and it lets you blend evenly.
To color the Lettuce, I used a Stampin’ Up! Aqua Painter and a few reinkers to pick up the color.
Keeping in mind if you don’t have the reinker of the color you are wanting… grab your stamp pad and give it a couple good squeezes. This will deposit ink on the top of your pad. Use your Aqua painter and pick up color that way.
Water Colored Base
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of 140lb Stampin’ Up! Watercolor paper. This is your base.
2. Spritz this piece with water until covered but not saturated. Using a Daffodil Delight reinker to drop a couple of drops of ink to the top of your card on the water.
Tip: You can use your water spritzer to push the water around your cardstock or you can use an Aqua painter to blend it.
Tip: Remember you can always add more water or more Daffodil Delight Reinker… just depends on how light or how dark you want your background.
Tip: Don’t worry if you get a few unpleasant looking drops in the center of your card. Your Lettuce Celebrate with cover it!!
3. Once you achieve the color you like for your background… use your Stampin’ Up! heat tool to warm the cardstock so that it falls flat.
Tip: Caution! Be sure to move around your cardstock. If you hold your heat tool in one spot you will burn the paper.
4. You can leave your base as is or you can cut a 4-1/2″ x 11″ piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and glue your base to the top.
Tip: I would absolutely glue my base to Very Vanilla Cardstock, if my watercolor was soaking through.
This happens if you get your cardstock a bit too wet. Don’t throw it away… Lettuce Improvise!!
Gift Card Holder
1. 3″ x 9-3/4″ piece of Garden Green Cardstock. Score this piece at 4″ and 8″
2. Prep your folds. Using mini glue dots to fold up the 3″ x 1-3/4″ Garden Green flap.
Tip: Keep your mini glue dots close to the edge so that your gift card will move freely in the pocket!
3. Use a scrap piece of Watercolor paper and cut it 1/2″ x 3″. Glue this to the top of your pocket!
4. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Wild Wasabi Cardstock and adhere it to the top of your Gift Card Holder.
5. Use a strong adhesive such as Tombow glue to add your Gift Card Holder to the top of your Watercolored Base.
Tip: Be sure your base is dry before you add your gift card holder.
Lettuce Celebrate Image
1. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Stampin Up Watercolor paper and stamp your image with StazOn Black.
Tip: StazOn black is perfect for watercoloring because it’s a permanent ink. It also is for nonporous surfaces like window sheets.
2. Use your Aqua Painter to color your Image. I used Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi Reinkers
Tip: Use the fine tip of your aqua painter to go over your lettuce highlights. This will bring it to light and make it a bit more realistic!
Catalog Request FormIf you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.