Today’s card was designed for the Blooms and Butterflies Color Challenge. The featured stamp set is From Land and Sea & Flourishing Phrases by Stampin Up!
I love to challenge my team by giving them colors and letting them go to work. Its a wonderful way to grow in color and design. By participating it forces you to work with colors you might not put together. It can be hard at times but oh so rewarding when it all comes together.
I love to participate in color challenges and very much enjoy the challenge!! I have for many years been apart of one and I am excited to now host one. Yay!!
The colors for challenge today are Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Night of Navy. Keeping in mind you can stamp images in black and Very Vanilla or Whisper White Cardstock are allowed.
As I looked at the colors, I was so excited to pull out the From Land and Sea Stamp Set because I have wanted to make a card with the jelly fish.
I wanted to bring to life its beauty and natural glow. I feel like the Calypso Coral with the Pool Party accent did it beautifully!!
Below you’ll find the written tutorial and items needed to recreate this card. Thank you So Much for stopping by Brandy’s Cards.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Night of Navy Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
- Next cut a 3″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Before you adhere this piece to the top of your card you’ll want to tear it along the 5-1/2 top edge. This give you a bit of dimension.
- I also tour a few random whisper white pieces to put along the bottom of the card. Its hard to see but in person it looks like waves or ripples.
- To accent my card and to pull out the Coral tone I added a 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock just under the torn edge.
- I also add a bit of Calypso Coral Satin Ribbon to add texture.
1. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of pool party cardstock.
2. Next cut a 2-1/4″ x 4″ piece of whisper white cardstock to layer on top of your pool party rectangle.
Tip: Before I adhered my whisper white rectangle I stamped my sentiment. This particular sentiment is from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set by Stampin Up!
3. Finally, I stamped my Jelly Fish on scrap paper. Using a blender pen I shaded it with one light layer of calypso coral. I then begin to add a bit more coral to the shaded or darker areas. This helps it pop!!
4. Lastly, I used the blender pen and colored in the middle of the jelly fish with pool party.
5. I cut out the jelly fish using my scissors. I did fussy cut the very bottom of the jelly fish and used a stampin dimensional to pop him up off the top of my card. This bought him to life!!
6. Don’t forget to cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock to layer inside your card.
Items Used Include:
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.