I love to challenge my team by giving them colors and letting them go to work. It’s a wonderful way to grow in color and design. By participating, it forces you to work with colors you might not put together. It can be hard at times but, oh so rewarding when it all comes together.
The colors for the April color challenge are Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Black. Keeping in mind, the designers can stamp images in basic black and use either whisper white or vanilla cardstock.
I selected the Stampin Up Watercolor Words for my challenge card. I love this stamp set and have enjoyed using it. It’s fun and whimsical. It lends itself to fun backgrounds and is easy to work with.
I had fun creating the background on the pear pizzazz cardstock. I wanted to give the cardstock some depth and dimension. Therefore, I used a stampin up block and pear pizzazz ink to randomly stamp my squares. No two cards are alike with this method. Lol!!
I hope you enjoy my project today!! Thank you for stopping by. Blessings, Brandy
- Cut a 11″ x 4-1/4″ piece of basic black cardstock. Fold it in half. This is your base.
- Cut a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ piece of whisper white cardstock. Center and adhere it to the top of your card.
- Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of pear pizzazz cardstock.
- Using Block A with pear pizzazz ink to stamp random squares around your cardstock. I loved how this how this added depth to the cardstock.
- Center and adhere you pear pizzazz cardstock once you’ve stamped it.
1. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 5″ piece of whisper white cardstock. This is the bottom layer for your sentiment. Adhere this piece to the top of your card.
2. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock. This is the layer for your sentiment.
Tip: I stamped my sentiment in basic black towards the left of my cardstock. This left room for my flower!
1. I stamped my flowers in rich razzleberry. You can find both of the flowers in the Stampin Up Watercolor Words stamp set.
2. The leaves were stamped in pear pizzazz.
3. To finish the card I layered my flower and added an enamel shape.
Products Used Include
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.