After using the molding paste on another project, I decided to try spreading the molding paste over the stencil. Once I pulled the stencil off, I was super excited! After the circles dried, they were raised and ready for embellishment. I used my Hearts Collection Framelits to cut out a heart and cover it with the paste.
1. Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Whisper White cardstock and fold in half. This is the base.
2. Cut a 5” x 3-3/4” piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock.
3. Lay your stencil over the Coastal Cabana cardstock.
4. Use a spatula to evenly spread the molding paste on the stencil.
Tip: It is VERY important after you finish using the stencil, you clean it with water. Otherwise, the paste will dry stiff and the stencil will be ruined.
5. Lift the stencil and use a heat tool to dry the pattern.
Tip: Be careful when using the heat tool to dry the paste. If it gets to hot, it may bubble and burn.
6. Sponge the Coastal Cabana cardstock with Coastal Cabana ink.
7. Cut a heart out of chipboard using a Hearts Framelit with the Big Shot and Magnetic Platform. 8. Cover the heart in molding paste and let it dry.
Tip: You can speed up the drying process by using a heat tool.
9. Use the Big Shot with the Magnetic Platform and the Expressions Thinlits to cut out the perfect sentiment.
Tip: It is much easier to pull the paper out of the thinlit if you use wax paper between the paper and the thinlit. Notice the holes on the thinlit. You can use a sharp poking tool to push out the sentiment.
10. Add your burlap ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
11. Add your heart, sentiment, ribbon and jewel.
I finished my love note with the “Love” from the Expression Thinlits and some Red Glimmer paper. Have a Fun and Firty Kinda Day
Big Shot, Wax Paper, Spatula, Heat Tool, Chipboard, Sponge, Magnetic Platform, Jewel Rhinestones, 1-1/4” Burlap Ribbon, Light Molding Paste, 3/8” Ruffle Stretch Trim, Expressions Thinlits Dies, Hearts Collection Framelits, Whisper White Cardstock, Coastal Cabana Cardstock, Coastal Cabana Stamp pad, Build a Banner Simply Created Kit
Today’s project is included in my Stampin’ Getaway Magazine!!! CLICK HERE if you’d like more details on how to purchase a copy. Have a GREAT DAY!