Today’s card was created for my February Color Challenge. The featured colors are Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry and Shaded Spruce. This challenge was fairly tough for me; however, I had fun creating and was able to create two cards. Yay!!
Do you recognize the featured stamp set? The Stampin’ Up! Stamp Set I used is called Tasteful Textures. This stamp set can be found on p.135 of the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I love the sentiments and textured stamps! The Stampin’ Up! Tasteful Textures Stamp Set also coordinates with the Stampin’ Up! Tasteful Backgrounds Dies.
Wondering how I made the background? It’s super easy and always looks fabulous. I crinkled and scrunched up the cardstock really tight and opened it back up. If you do it a couple of times you get great textured cardstock that you can use as a background piece.
Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards. I hope you enjoy my cards today. Be sure to let me know if you needs something or have questions. I’m glad to help!
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your card base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your background. Scrunch and crinkle it up tight in your hand. Then open it and adhere it to the top of your card base using stampin dimensionals.
3. Cut a 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ piece of Pear Pizzazz Cardstock.
4. Cut a 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Shaded Spruce Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece on top of the Pear Pizzazz Cardstock.
5. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the flowers in Crushed Curry Ink.
6. Cut a 3″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and use the Stampin’ Up! Tasteful Textures Background Dies to die cut the flowers.
7. Center the Crushed Curry Flowers under the die cut image and adhere it.
8. Center the Whisper White Cardstock and adhere it to the top of the Shaded Spruce Cardstock.
9. Center and adhere the Shaded Spruce Cardstock to the top of the Pear Pizzazz Cardstock using stampin dimensionals.
10. Center and adhere the Pear Pizzazz layered cardstock to the top of your card background using stampin dimensionals.
11. Cut a 7/8″ 3-1/2″ Whisper White strip of cardstock. This piece is for your sentiment.
12. Stampin your sentiment in Shaded Spruce and cut a banner on each end.
13. Adhere the banner to the top of your card using stampin dimensionals.
14. Add a Flower Faceted Crushed Curry Gem to the top of your flower.