The quirky critters in this set are just too cute. My favorite is the sloth; however, the quail is a close second. I wasn’t totally sure what the fish with a horn was but my nine year old quickly educated me. I now know all about the Narwhal. Lol!!!
I hope to inspire you and get your creative juices flowing with a few additional ideas. With your ink pads and a blender pen you can totally bring these critters to life. I love that!!
Enjoy my video tutorial and be sure to give these critters a try.
Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards!! Blessings, Brandy
1. Cut an 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” of whisper white cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper. Center and adhere this piece to top of your base.
1. Cut a 3” x 3-1/4” piece of whisper white cards. This is your bottom layer rectangle.
2. Next, cut a 2-3/4” x 3” piece of tranquil tide cardstock. Center and adhere this rectangle on top of your whisper white rectangle.
3. Now cut a 2-1/2” x 2-3/4” piece of lemon lime twist cardstock to layer on top of your tranquil tide cardstock.
4. Finally, cut a 2-1/4” x 2-1/2” piece of whisper white cardstock. This piece is for your image.
Tip: I used Stampin Dimensionals to add my layered rectangles to the top of my card.
1. Using archival black ink to stamp your sloth on the small white square and your (2) flowers on a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock.
2. Squeeze your pool party, soft suede, lemon lime twist and tranquil tide stamp pads to deposit ink for coloring your image.
3. Use a Blender Pen to pick up the ink and color your sloth and flowers. The sloth was colored using soft suede (body), chest base layer (pool party), chest hair (tranquil tide), face (lemon lime twist) and the snail body and spots was color with Lemon Lime Twist.
4. The flowers were colored using tranquil tide and lemon lime twist.
5. Finally, using scissor to cut out the flowers and use a mini glue dot to add them to your card and be sure to finish them with a pretty gem or jewel rhinestone.
Tip: To get your sloth to pop off the card and appear as though he is hanging off the branch. I stamped him on scrap paper and cut him out. I used multipurpose adhesive to hold his head and arm down. I put a Stampin Dimensional under his upper body where he is holding the branch!Download Tutorial Here!
Products Used Include:
If you are a member of Brandy’s Cards, all four tutorials will be available on the Brandy’s Member site located here:
If you are not currently a member, you can find out more information about becoming a member HERE!!