This card was designed for my Blooms and Butterflies Color Challenge. The challenge colors are Real Red, Pacific Point and Whisper White. Let me tell you… I thought for sure this would be an easy challenge but boy oh boy was this one tough for me. Lol!!!
I spent over a week looking at the same projects and stamp sets and just couldn’t find inspiration.
With the color challenge you can only use the colors stated along with Archival Black Ink (not the basic black cardstock unless stated), Very Vanilla and Whisper White Cardstock.
Needless to say, sometimes I over think things. Lol!! After looking at the colors and thumbing through the catalog I ran across the super cute Stampin Up Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp Set. I immediately began to see a pacific point pocket full of love or red hearts. I was so happy that it worked!!
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of real red cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Using a real red stamp pad to stamp your little heart around the edge of your base.
Tip: I would re-ink your heart each time before stamping. Yes, you have to be patient… its a lot of little single hearts. Lol!! Just think how cute it will be when you finish.
3. Cut a 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ piece of whisper white cardstock. Mount and center this piece on top of your real red card base.
Tip: Your whisper white piece should center nicely inside your red hearts.
4. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock. This piece is for inside your card.
Pacific Point Pocket
1. Using an archival black stamp pad to stamp your pocket on pacific point cardstock.
2. Using an archival black stamp pad to stamp your pocket on a piece of whisper white scrap paper.
Tip: Use the pockets framelit dies to cut out both of your pockets.
3. Using a basic black and real red marker to color your sentiment and stamp it on your whisper white pocket.
4. Next, use a cutting board to cut your sentiment out of your pocket. Leaving the pocket stitching on each end.
5. Place and adhere the whisper white pocket piece with your sentiment.
Tip: Use stampin dimensionals to adhere your pocket to the front of your card.
Sweet & Sassy Hearts
1. Cut out a few hearts for inside your pocket.
2. I used the designs from within the Stampin Up Pocketful of Sunshine to add dimension.
3. Finish your card using metallic enamel shapes.
Other Products Used Include:
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.