One of my favorite things about summer is the beautiful hummingbirds. Oh, how I love to watch them… if only they would hold still so I could really enjoy their beautiful colors. Lol!!
The Stampin’ Up! Picture Perfect Stamp Set is a 2 Step Stamp.
I love these types of stamps. I feel like it gives the stampers a chance to get a bit more creative and play with colors.
You’ll notice on my Humming Bird, I stamped it twice and added a second wing and tail. I wanted him to look more like he was fluttering or flying. I hope you enjoy today’s tutorial!!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a Blessed Day!! Brandy
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece whisper white cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base!
2. Cut (3) 1-1/8″ x 5-1/2″ pieces of soft sky cardstock. You’ll layer these under your embossed strips.
3. Cut (3) 1″ x 5-1/2″ pieces of whisper white cardstock. Using your Big Shot and a Textured Embossing Folder of your choice… emboss your strips.
Tip: I used the Tiny Triangles embossing folder!!
4. Center and layer the white embossed strips on top of the soft sky strips.
5. Next, place them on your base to get your spacing right. Then, pick one strip up at a time and add adhesive to secure it.
6. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Soft Sky cardstock. This will be the base square under your hummingbird.
7. Cut a 3″ x 3″ piece of cucumber crush cardstock. Center and secure it to the top of your Soft Sky cardstock.
8. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock.
9. Using StazOn Black Ink to stamp your greeting or sentiment.
Tip: I used the sentiment from the Picture Perfect stamp set!
1.Stamp your hummingbird first in soft sky.
2. Stamp your second more detailed hummingbird in tempting turquoise.
3. Stamp your third detailed hummingbird in StazOn Black.
4. Using daffodil delight, stamp on a bit of yellow on the neck and wing of the hummingbird.
5. Using tangerine tango, stamp a bit of orange on the neck of the hummingbird.
6. Hand cut your hummingbird out.
Tip: I stamped my humming bird twice so that I could cut out a second wing and tail . I used mini glue dots and stampin dimensionals to pop up the wings.
Catalog Request FormIf you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.