Today’s card was designed using the Stampin’ Up! Petal Palette Stamp Set. Its one of my favorites. I love the sentiments, cute little bird and the dotted background. Oh so many possibilities!!
So, I thought I would share with you the gift I created for my dear friend Erin. It was her birthday so we invited her and her husband over for dinner. The center piece was this fun tissue wrapped and stamped gift. I also created a smaller version of the card I’m sharing with you here today.
Inside the neatly wrapped package was “homemade” Vanilla Extract. Yep, that’s right!! You can make your own Vanilla Extract and you can continue to add alcohol to it and refill it. She was so surprised and loved her special package. I thought I would share with you the receipt and link to get your Vanilla Beans.
Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards!! I hope you have a great day. Happy Stamping!! Hugs, Brandy
Beautiful Bird & Sentiment
1. Use an Old Olive Stamp Pad to stamp your leaf/branch.
Tip: On this card I stamped a second branch on scrap paper and cut it out. I used mini stampin dimensionals to pop it up off the stamped leaf. It will give your card a bit more dimension.
2. Next, use a Memento Black Ink Pad to stamp your bird on scrap paper.
3. Color the bird using Stampin’ Up Alcohol Markers.
Tip: I used a combination of Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake.
4. Hand cut our your bird and use a stampin dimensional to pop him up off the branch.
5. Stamp the flower in Daffodil Delight Ink and hand cut it out. Use a mini glue dot to adhere it to the branch.
6. Add an embellishment to the center of the flower. I used a bright enamel shape.
7. Finally, add the sentiment using Memento’s Black Ink. You can stamp on a piece of scrap paper and create a banner or cut a banner out and stamp on it.
Tip: If you didn’t want to add a banner you could stamp directly on the image.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the top of the card base.
3. Cut a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece on top of the Crumb Cake Cardstock.
4. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for the background.
5. Using a Memento Black Ink Pad to stamp the dotted background.
6. Cut a 3-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock. This piece will mat the image.
7. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the Basic Black Cardstock.
8. Cut a 3-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
Tip: Be sure to stamp your images before adhering it to the mat.
Erin’s Birthday Gift – Homemade Vanilla Extract
8 oz. Glass Bottle or Jar.
7 Vanilla Beans.
1 cup Vodka 70 Proof/35% Alcohol
(or you can also use Bourbon, Rum or Brandy; any brand/quality)
Food Network – Ina’s Homemade Vanilla Extract Video
Petal Palette Stamp Set
Petals & More Thinlits
Stampin’ Up! Card
Old Olive Stamp Pad
Daffodil Delight Stamp Pad
Memento Stamp Pad
Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends
Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends
Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots
Thank you so much, this is such a wonderful idea. Thank you so much. Take care…
Hi Brandy, Greetings from SW Michigan. I am not seeing the link of where you got the vanilla beans. I have been wanting to try this for a long time. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for sharing this lovely card design. Liked using black dots stamped on white card stock! Also. The gift of home made vanilla was a wonderful surprise. Can you share your source for the vanilla beans? They are quite $$ most places and am not certain of their quality. Sending blessings from SW MI for you and your family. Thank you for sharing joy!
Brandy, this card design is great…thank you for sharing. I will finally be able to ink that bird! What a lovely and thoughtful birthday gift for your friend as well. Enjoy your weekend.
Thank you Brandy for sharing. I really appreciate your cards and videos. Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.
Thanks for the pop dots for my birthday. Also for sharing this
Hi Brandy, thank you for the download, your card is beautiful and your presentation of your friend’s birthday gift is fabulous.I must do that! I make several bottles in January every year for special friends. I have been making my own Vanalla for over 30 years. I was fortunate to have a chef in my family and he taught me how to make it. A fifth of bourbon and 3 vanilla beans . Keep it in a cool dark place for a year. I agree with you it makes a lovely gift. He also taught me to make vanilla sugar . Put a slit In 5 vanilla beans in 5 pounds of white sugar in a large air tight jar. Don’t fill to the top leave several inches so it mixes well. Shake it everyday for 6 months, the beans will dry and the seeds will spill into the sugar. Use it in place of white sugar in any anything you bake that call for vanilla. I love it in banana bread. It too makes a lovely gift, it is a unexpected surprise with the vanilla I give to friends and family. I hope you don’t mind me sharing. I thought you might enjoy making it.
Thank you Brandy for the PDF and the Recipe for the homemade vanilla extract. I’ve been wanting to try making my own vanilla extract for a while now but just haven’t gotten around to it , I’m thinking it would make a great Christmas gift this year .
Thank you once again ??
Thanks Brandy for the homemade vanilla extract recipe. I’ll have to find some vanilla beans. I also love the Petal Passion stamp set too. With all the new stamps and DSP, you forget about all the other fantastic stamps. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank You for the recipe for vanilla extract. I will making some soon.