GET CREATIVE WITH COFFEE GROUNDS AND, WHEN ADDING COFFEE BEAN EMBELLISHMENTS, IT SMELLS SO GOOD!
Every morning, I look forward to having a cup of coffee. I love opening the bag of coffee grounds and smelling the fresh coffee smell. One day, I was flipping through the Stampin’ Up! catalog and I ran across the Stampin’ Up! Perfect Blend stamp set.
Immediately, I started to think about making a fun card using this stamp set and incorporating real coffee grounds. I think it would be so much fun to receive a card and open it and smell fresh coffee with a coordinating theme.
1. Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (2) 5-1/4” x 4” pieces of Whisper White. One is to layer inside your card and the other layers on top of your card.
3. Cut a 5-1/8” x 3-7/8” piece of Real Red Core’dinations cardstock.
4. Use the Big Shot and the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder to add texture to the Real Red Core’dinations cardstock.
5. Use a sanding block to distress the Real Red Core’dinations cardstock.
6. On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, emboss the coffee cup in Early Espresso Embossing Powder. Cut out the cup using your Paper Snips.
Tip: Rub the Embossing Buddy over the cardstock prior to stamping the image. The Embossing Buddy prevents extra powder from sticking to your project.
7. Stamp the coffee cup image on Crumb Cake cardstock and cut out the middle section. Emboss the sentiment on the Crumb Cake cardstock.
8. Glue the embossed Crumb Cake image on top of your Whisper White Coffee Cup. Poke hole for stir stick and set in place.
9. Cut a 3” x 4” piece of Early Espresso cardstock for your real coffee grounds.
10. Using a paint brush apply a thin layer of Modge Podge on the Early Espresso cardstock and sprinkle coffee grounds on it.
Tip: Be sure to give it time to dry, then tap extra loose coffee grounds back into the bin or over trash.
11. Now, work on your overlay for the coffee grounds.
12. Cut a 5-1/2” x 4-1/2” piece of Whisper White cardstock. Score all four sides at 1/2” and 5/8”. 13. Prepare all scored lines by folding back and forth.
14. Fold the top flap over and use a 2-1/2” Circle Punch to punch out a hole.
Tip: Push your punch in as far down as it will go. Center it between the two score lines and punch.
15. Cut off all four flaps.
16. Add Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive around the edge of the Espresso cardstock. Glue it inside your Whisper White cardstock with the hole. You’ll then glue your flaps into place.
17. Next, cut a 4-1/4” x 3-1/4” of Whisper White cardstock and texture it using an embossing folder of your choice along with the Big Shot and Multipurpose Platform.
18. Now punch your hole in the 4-1/4” x 3-1/4” piece of cardstock just the same as you did for the coffee grounds. 19. Layer it over the coffee grounds mat and glue down. This give you the decorative top.
20. Use a poker tool and poke a hole in the coffee ground background in the center of your hole. Add a large brad. You will glue your coffee cup to this brad.
21. Glue your coffee cup embellishment to the top of your card. 22. Add your coffee beans using mini glue dots.
23. Great Job! You did it!