Today’s card was designed using the Stampin Up! Peaceful Poinsettia Stamp Set. This stamp set can be found in our 2018 Holiday Catalog.
You can bring the poinsettia to live by coloring it using the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. I also accented using the Corrugated Dynamic Embossing Folder to create an interesting background.
Using the Real Red Stampin’ Blends for the poinsettia along with the Old Olive Blends for the leaves and creating a subtle look with the berries using Smoky Slate. This card is lovely and so easy to create!!
Thanks for stopping by Brandy’s Cards. I hope you enjoy my project and video tutorial today!!
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock. This piece is for your background.
3. Use the Big Shot and the Corrugated Embossing Folder to add texture to your Mossy Meadow Cardstock.
Tip: The Corrugated Embossing Folder has deep groves so you might have to increase your cardstock 1/8″ to get it to look even on your card base.
4. Use an Old Olive Stampin Blend to accent the deep grooves in the Corrugated Cardstock Background.
5.Center and adhere your background to your card base.
6. Add a ribbon around your card base and tie a decorative bow.
7. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and layer it inside your card. It should cover the inside base of your card.
8. Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Real Red Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the Mossy Meadow Cardstock.
9. Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the Real Red Cardstock.
Tip: Be sure to use Memento Black and stamp your sentiment before adhere this piece inside your card.
1. Cut a 4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
2. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
3. Use Memento Black Ink to stamp your sentiment on the 3-3/4″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
4. Center and adhere this piece to the larger Whisper White Cardstock Mat.
Tip: I used Stampin Dimensionals to adhere this piece so that it gave the card more dimension.
5. Add a few Stampin Dimensionals behind the large 4″ x 3-1/4″ rectangle. Center and adhere this piece to the top of you card.
6. Color your Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Poinsettia using a Real Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Accent the berries using Smoky Slate.
7. Use the Peaceful Poinsettia Thinlits Dies to die cut your poinsettia.
7. Use mini glue dot to adhere your poinsettia.
Tip: I left my leaves free so that it gave more dimension to the card.
8. To embellish your card add a few jewel rhinestones.
Beautiful cards! Thank you!
Thank You for sharing this card on your wonderful video. I always learn something from your techniques, tools and methods while watching. Very inspiring!
Blessings on your day….hugs, Suzanne from Key West
Absolutely beautiful card! I loved your layering idea for the inside as well. Thanks for the video.
Brandy, I am so glad you and your family are feeling better. I thought of you during the storm, I have a lot of family out your way.
I love everything you did, it’s a fantastic card. Thank you so much. Take care…
So happy family is well. I loved your poinsetta video, absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward to doing this myself.
For some reason your video will not play. 🙁 I love to watch your ideas!
Such a pretty card, Brandy! Love your idea for darkening the grooves in the Corrugated embossing folder to emphasize them even more! Love this EF too! And looking forward to doing this next myself … love colouring too. So glad you and your family are feeling so much better now … have missed you!! Blessings, Geraldine