Available: November 1st, 2020
New Trimmer Details
- 15-3/8 x 8 x 1/2” (39 x 20.3 x 1.3 cm)
- Includes 1 cutting blade and 1 scoring blade.
- Includes imperial and metric measurements.
- Ruler and grid protected by durable plastic cover.
- Point on cutting handle for precise measuring.
- Right-side grid for cutting thin strips.
- Cutting Blades Multipack will be available to purchase in January.
13 Noted Improvements
1. The metal blades piece is significantly longer than the old one.
2. The weight is much lighter than the old one
3. It’s about an inch narrower
4. It has an opening at one end kind of diamond shaped that would allow it to be hung for storage
5. The cutting guide snaps down to hold it closed for locking instead of a slide button on the end to lock it.
6. The extension arm does not need a “foot” to keep it steady when extended. I love that!!
7. The Extension arm… when in closed position allows paper to rest flush against it at the 6″ mark which is great for measuring smaller pieces.
8. The 6″ position on the rule mark has a little arrow pointing at the 6″ line so it is very clear where the measurement is. This makes the jump from the board onto the extension arm easier to read for more accuracy.
9. The extension arm locks into place by pressing down slightly and moving it into a grove at the tip of the arm near the SU logo;
10. The “pressure lip” of the cutting guide is in a better position to prevent the blade getting “stuck” when pressing down to hold paper in place for cutting.
11. The scoring blade has a better scoring implement on it so scoring is very smooth (you can’t event tell you are scoring!) and it gives a better score line, but is less likely to cause certain DSP to tear after scoring.
12. I was able to cut five sheets of Stampin’ Up! cardstock at one time (you have to go back and forth a few times), 4 sheets going back and forth two to three times, and up to 3 sheets with no problem. All cuts up to five sheets were very clean. I didn’t try 6. Lol!!
13. It’s very streamlined!! Because of its even rectangular design it will be much easier to pack and fit into a storage space in a more compact way.
Paper Trimmer Pictures