Today’s card features the Stampin’ Up! Love is Kindness Stamp Set from Spring Catalog. You can find this beautiful stamp set on p. 32.
The tulips were colored using the Stampin’ Up! Melon Mambo Blendabilities Alcohol Markers. I was so happy with how it turned out that I wanted to share it with you!
Hey, check out the Jute Ribbon? I thought this was a fun alternative to the newspaper print wrapping or foil.
Wondering about the spotted background too? The spotted background is from the Stampin’ Up! Build a Bouquet Stamp Set also featured in the Spring Catalogs on p. 29. I hope you enjoy today’s card!!
1. Cut 4-1/4″ x 3″ piece of Lost Lagoon Cardstock. You will layer your image on this piece.
2. Cut 4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
3. Using a Mementos Black Ink Pad to stamp your Stampin’ Up! Love is Kindness Image.
Tip: I you want to use a different sentiment you’ll either have to cover not apply ink to the sentiment before stamping or cover it with a small strip of paper and stamp a different greeting. That is what I did… I cut a 2-3/4″ by 1″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to cover it!
4. Stampin Up image a second time on scrap paper.
5. Color your Tulips the desired color using your Blendabilities or Alcohol Markers. Remember to add depth by shading!
Tip: I colored them a second time on the scrap paper and cut a few pieces out including the leaves. I used Stampin Dimensionals to add these pieces to my card for depth and interest.
6. Next, I used plan white scrap to cover the stamped newsprint that comes with that stamp.
Tip: The reason I covered the newsprint stamp is because you could see it through the Jute Ribbon.
7. Lastly, I picked at the ends of my Jute Ribbon because I wanted it a bit uneven. I used Stampin Up mini glue dots to add it to my card.
Tip: Be sure to put a mini glue dot down first and lay your twine across it; otherwise, once you stick your Jute Ribbon down you will not be able to add the twine. Trust me!! Lol!!
8. Lastly, center and glue your image on the Lost Lagoon Cardstock.
9. I used Stampin Dimensionals to add the Lost Lagoon Cardstock to the top of my spotted base.
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to stamp your spots on.
3. Using your Lost Lagoon Ink Pad and the spots from the Stampin’ Up! Build a Bouquet Stamp Set to randomly stamp your background.
4. Center and glue this piece to the top or your base.
Spring Catalog, p. 32
Spring Catalog, p. 29
Spring Catalog, p.43
Annual Catalog, p. 179
Annual Catalog, p. 179
Annual Catalog, p. 206