As you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and the National Breast Cancer Foundation need your help!
What a great gift to make a hand full of these cards for someone whom is fighting breast cancer now and would like a few notes to Thank friends and family for there love and support. Your cards and thoughtfulness will spread joy to others. And remember… there are many, many cancers out there and we need ribbons of all colors. Feel free to change up this card and make this ribbon for someone you love.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Once to layer inside your card and one to layer on top of your card.
3. Cut (1) 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your Stamped Background.
4. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock. This will be the base layer for the image of your card.
Tip: I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up this Melon Mambo piece off the top of your card.
5. Cut a 3″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and layer this piece on top of the Melon Mambo cardstock.
Tip: Stamp your sentiment before gluing this piece down.
1. Using a Melon Mambo Ink Pad and the Hello Darling Stamp Set to stamp your flowers around your 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Cardstock.
Tip: Be sure to put scrap paper under your stamping station so that you can stamp partially on the cardstock and partially off. This creates a fun unique background.
2. Clean your stamp and use Pink Pirouette to stamp the same image around your cardstock.
3. Next ink up the little dots in Melon Mambo and stamp it around your image.
Tip: I inked up the dots and stamped them off before stamping them on the cardstock. I liked them to vary in shade.
4. Glue your designer stamped cardstock to the top of your card.
5. Lastly, using a Melon Mambo stamp pad and the same Stampin’ Up! Hello Darling flower inside the bottom right hand corner of your Whisper White Cardstock. Glue this piece inside your card.
Tip: You could stamp the inside piece again with Pink Pirouette if you’d like to further compliment the card design.
1. Use a Melon Mambo Stampin Write Marker to color the Stampin’ Up! Blooming with Kindness stamp. I just colored “Hope” and stamped it. You could stamp anything you’d like here!
1. Find or Cut a long thin scrap piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock and run it through a crimper.
Tip. This breaks down the paper fibers a bit so its easier to make a pretty ribbon.
2. Cut your ribbon to 1/8″
3. Use a Mini Glue dot to create your ribbon.
Tip: Be sure to trip the bottom of your ribbon so it looks neat.
1. Don’t forget to finish your envelope by Stamping the flap the very same way you did the designer portion of your card.
Items Needed Include:
|Hello Darling Clear-Mount Stamp Set||133994|
|Blooming With Kindness Clear Stamp Set||126422|
|Melon Mambo 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock||115320|
|Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad||126948|
|Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Pad||126956|
|Brights Stampin’ Write Markers||131259|
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Click Here to Visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation and Make a Donation Today!
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.