Today’s cards were designed for our Creativate Color Challenge. The colors for this challenge were Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz and Coastal Cabana. Designers could use Whisper White or Very Vanilla along with Basic Black Ink.
Oh, I love these colors!! They really spoke to me especially this time of the year with Easter and renewal of life. Therefore, I wanted to find a stamp set that I could highlight these colors.
When I saw the Stampin’ Up! Healing Hugs Stamp Set I know this was it. It was going to be the perfect stamp set. Not to mention with it beautiful photorealistic flower I could really highlight Flirty Flamingo.
You’ll also notice I had fun playing with the “Get Well Soon” sentiment too. I really liked the clean lines of the this card featured above. With that said, I also really liked the Get Well Soon card below featuring Whisper White Cards, our beautiful inks as well as the Stampin’ Up! Healing Hugs Stamp Set. It’s simple but is well stated.
I hope you enjoy my cards today. Please give this color challenge a try and let me know how it goes. I’d love to see what you create. And don’t forget to make two cards so you can send one today!! Sending Healing Hugs, Brandy
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your card base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the top of your card base.
3. Cut a 1/8″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock. Adhere these strips in the center of your card.
4. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock. This is a mat layer for your image.
5. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece on top of your Flirty Flamingo Cardstock.
6. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece on top of the Coastal Cabana square.
7. Cut a 2″ x 2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your sentiment.
8. Stamp your sentiment in Pear Pizzazz and center and adhere this piece to the top of your layered squares using stampin dimensionals.
9. Now add dimensionals to the Flirty Flaming square and adhere it to the center of your card.
10. Add a Coastal Cabana Glitter Dot or some type of embellishment.
11. Don’t forget to cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to adhere inside your card.