The most exciting part about this card is the fun surprise on the inside… a gift card holder. Yay!
1. Cut a 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Wild Wasabi Cardstock and fold in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Card stock for the front of your card.
3. You’ll also need to cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock for the inside of the card.
4. Next cut out your large Daffodil Delight flower from the Flower Frenzy Bigz Die.
Tip: The inside flower is also from the Flower Frenzy Bigz Die and you can cut them out at the same time.
5. Don’t forget to cut out your Wild Wasabit leaves using the Flower Frenzy Bigz Die.
Tip: This card uses a brayer for the Chevron Pattern. To color your leaves your going to ink up your brayer with Wild Wasabi ink and run it over your leaves. This will tint them a shade darker so they pop off your card.
6. If you want a decorative strip across the front you’ll need to cut a 1″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
Tip: The “Friends” on the front of the card and the “Happy Birthday” on the inside are both stamped in Blackberry Bliss and they are from the Stampin’ Up! Peace Love and Cupcake stamp set on page 53.
1. Once you have cut out the Daffodil Delight flower using the Big Shot and your Flower Frenzy Bigz die… you’ll want to give it a bit of texture by crinkling it up. The key is to break down the paper fibers so you can begin to pull the individual petals apart. This just gives it life.
Tip: I used the same crinkle it up and break down the paper fibers to add texture to the inside flower too.
2. With Daffodil Delight Ink I stamped a flower from the Beautiful Bunch Stamp Set. You can easily punch it out using the coordinating Fun Flower punch.
Tip: I used the same crinkle it up and break down the paper fibers to add texture to the Beautiful Bunch Stamped Flower too.
3. Clean your Beautiful Bunch Flower and stamp it again using Tangerine Tango and Blackberry Bliss.
Tip: You can cut out the Tangerine Tango middle using the 7/8″ Scalloped Circle Punch and the Blackberry inside can easily be punched out using the 1/2″ circle punch.
4. Begin to layer your flower with your leaves and set aside to add to your card later.
Chevron Textured & Inked Embossing Folder Technique
1. Open your Chevron Embossing Folder and add ink to one side using the Brayer. I would layer on the ink by inking up your brayer and going back over the embossing folder.
Tip: If you get it by accident on the other side of the paper… no worries. You will not see it anyway.
2. Set you paper inside your embossing folder and close it carefully.
Tip: Try not to let the paper move in the embossing folder. If it does you will not be happy with the outcome.
3. Build your Big Shot sandwich and run your inked embossing folder through the Big Shot to add texture and to add the ink.
Tip: Depending on which embossing folder you use and which you’d like inked… the indented edge or the raised portion. Just decide which you’d like to highlight and then ink it up using your brayer.
4. Repeat this process for the (2) 5-1/2″ x 4″ inside Whisper White pieces.
5. Once you texture the (2) inside pieces you’ll need to score them along along the 4″ side… score it at 1″, 2″ and 3″. You want 4 sections each 1″ to bend or mold into your tube… gift card holder.
Gift Card Holder Flower Frenzy Bigz Die
1. Use an 5-1/8″ x 3-5/8″ envelope to make your actual gift card pocket. You can find these envelopes on page 194 of the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. They come with our Note Cards.
Tip: Use a circle punch to clip out the top of your envelope. This gives a fun presentation when opening the card.
2. Seal the envelope.
3. Along the long side or 5-1/8″ side… Cut it at 2″ inches. You can get (2) gift card holders out of one.
Tip: If you want less of the gift card peeking out over the top then you’ll need to cut your envelope at 2-1/8″
4. Open your base… glue the side of the tube that is free against the back or base of the card. Then wrap the tube around and glue the other free end down.
5. Glue or use sticky strip to adhere your gift card holder. Be sure you glue it so that your open end is up.
Tip: I glued the envelope on the tube about 1/4″ from the top.6. Add your other rectangular tube.7. Finish your card by adding embellishments and flowers etc.
Flower Frenzy Bigz Die, Beautiful Bunch Stamp Set, Love, Peace & Cupcake Stamp Set, Tangerine Tango Ink, Blackberry Bliss Ink, Daffodil Delight Ink, Wild Wasabi Ink, 7/8″ Scallop Circle, 1/2″ Circle, Simply Scored, Jewel Rhinestone.