Today’s card features the Stampin’ Up! By The Dock Stamp Set and Dockside Dies. This set really means a lot to me as I grew up fishing with my father and grand father. I absolutely loved creating with this stamp set.
Check out the fun background. Doesn’t it look like beautiful blue water. In my video I show you exactly how I achieved this look. It’s easy peasy!!
Oh, and the new Stampin’ Up! In Good Taste Designer Series Paper is FABULOUS!! I love the textiles. You can use this cardstock for so many backgrounds. You can even get creative and create a realistic dock.
Thanks for stopping by and for watching. I hope you enjoy my project and tutorial. Let me know if you need something or have questions. I’m always glad to help.
1. Use your Stampin’ Up! Aqua Painter to created a watercolor washed background.
Tip: On an acrylic block add 2-3 drops of Balmy Blue Ink. Then squeeze some water from your Aqua Painter into the drops. You want at least 5 drops or so from the aqua painter. Then mix the two together. This will dilute you ink.
2. Using the dock from your Stampin’ Up! By The Dock Stamp Set and Early Espresso Ink to stamp your dock on the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper and hand cut it out.
3. Line up the dock and then adhere it to the water background.
4. Stamp your sentiment in Night of Navy Ink.
5. Then center and adhere your watercolored background to the top of your card.
6. Stamp your bird in Memento Black Ink on scrap paper. Color the bird using a Light Calypso Coral and Petal Pink Stamp Blend. Hand cut out your bird and adhere him to the dock.
7. Stamp the boat in Memento Black Ink on scrap paper. Color the boat using Cherry Cobbler & Granite Gray Stampin’ Blends. Then hand cut out the boat and adhere it to the top of your card using a couple stampin dimensionals.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Night of Navy Cardstock. This is your card base.
2. Cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of Whisper White Cardstock. One to layer on top of your card and the other to layer inside your card.
3. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Balmy Blue Cardstock. This piece is for your water.