1. Cut a 5-1/8″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere this piece to the top of your card.
Tip: Be sure to add a few dimensionals in the middle so the center of the card stays firm.
3. Cut a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock and hand tear down on 4-1/2″ edge.
Tip: Your Flirty Flaming Cardstock should finish at 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
4. Cut a 3″ x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock and adhere this piece to the top of your Flirty Flamingo Cardstock using stampin dimensionals.
5. Cut a 1-3/4″ x 4″ piece of Vellum Cardstock and adhere it the top of your Daffodil Delight Cardstock.
Tip: Use mini glue dots to adhere the velum towards the center under you butterfly so you don’t see the adhesive.
6. Use liquid glue or snail to adhere the Flirty Flamingo to the top of your card.
1. Ink up your butterfly in VersaMark and stamp it on scrap paper.
2. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder over the VersMark and heat emboss it.
3. Hand cut out the butterfly.
4. Color your butterfly using Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Markers.
5. Embellish your butterfly using a Noble Peacock Rhinestone.
6. Add the body of your butterfly using a mini glue dot. Adhere the wings using Stampin Dimensionals.
7. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 1/4″ piece of scrap paper. Stampin Up sentiment on this piece and use your snips to make banner ends.
Tip: The sentiment used on today’s card is from the Stampin’ Up! Daisy Lane Stamp Set.
Today’s card was designed using the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Day Stamp Set and was colored using our Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Markers.
This card was inspired by a Stampin’ Up! card sample featured on p. 79 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. I loved the butterfly and decide to recreate it.
If you have this set I hope you give it a try. Keeping in mind you can change the colors of your butterfly if you’d like.
Thanks for stopping by Brandy’s Cards. Let me know if you need something or if you have further questions. I’m glad to help.
Granny Apple Green
2019-2020 Annual Catalog p. #79
Stamps: Strong and Beautiful, Beautiful Day
Cardstock/Designer Series Paper: Crushed Curry, Shimmery White, Vellum, Rococo Rose
Ink/Coloring Tools: Stampin Blends; Dark/Light Old Olive, Dark/Light Pink Pirouette, Light Cherry Cobbler, Color Lifter, Frost White Paint, Old Olive
Ink Accessories: Clear and White Embossing Powder
Adhesives: Snail, Dimensionals, Glue Dots Tools: Aqua Painter, Banner Triple Punch, Starburst Punch
Non-SU products: sewing machine Technique: Stampin blends
2019-2020 Annual Catalog p.130
Stamps: Beautiful Day
Cardstock/Designer Series Paper: Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Shimmery White Cardstock
Ink/Coloring Tools: Pool Party, Petal Pink, Rocco Rose, Merry Merlot, Sahara Sand Classic Ink Pads
Accessories: Petal Pink 5/8” Striped Organdy Ribbon, Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins
Adhesives: Dimensionals, Tear and Tape Adhesive
Tools: Stitched Labels Framelits, Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, Aqua Painter
Technique: No Line watercoloring – stamp off image with Sahara Sand then stamp on Shimmery White. Watercolor in the areas loosely and building layers of the ink wash. Cut detailed stitched label in half and extend the die cut with greeting in middle.