I love this stamp set and have been wanting to create with it for sometime. However, with very limited supplies I had to get creative.
I decided to start out working with Black and White. I then decided to add a bit of color or pop. That’s when I tossed in Tempting Turquoise.
With the flowers in the background it appears the dragonfly is just flying through the meadow. I loved it!!
- Using Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Write Markers I colored my dragonfly wings with a Tempting Turquoise Marker and his body with a Basic Black.
- I stamped it once on my white square.
- I colored my dragonfly a second time and stamped it a second time on scrap paper.
- Tip: Using scissors I cut the wings out of my dragonfly and used mini glue dots to added them to my original dragonfly. This gave him life!!
- I stamped the word FRIEND in Basic Black.
Dragonfly Square Layers
- Cut a 3″ x 3″ piece of Tempting Turquoise piece of cardstock. This is your bottom layer.
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and layer it on top of your Tempting Turquoise layer.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and layer it on top of your Basic Black. This layer is for your Dragonfly and Sentiment.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base!
- Using a StazOn Black Stamp Pad to stamp the flowers randomly along the base of your card.
- Ink you the random dots in Tempting Turquoise and stamp them in the open spaces. Keep in mind… less is more!
- Tip: I liked it when my flowers didn’t overlap. Give it try and see how you like it!!
Black and White!!
Here is a monochromatic card featuring the lovely dragonfly, background and the Stampin’ Up! Brick Embossing Folder.
I hope you enjoy today’s cards!
Until next time… Have a Blessed Day!!
Products Used Include:
p. 125, Item #139950 (c)
p. 138, Item #126952
p. 138, Item #102067
p. 141, Item #121045
p. 141, Item #100730