Today’s card was designed using the Stampin’ Up! Let It Ride Stamp Set. This stamp set is a beauty!!
I grew up showing horses and some of my fond memories are horse shows and 4H. I love the sentiments in this set too. We all need to remember to “Live as if someone left the gate open.”
You’ll notice this horse was shaded too. I love, love coloring with our Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. I’ve shared a written tutorial below. Feel free to download this FREE Tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by Brandy’s Cards. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m always glad to help.
Happy Stamping!! Brandy
Let It Ride Stamp Set
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your card base.
2. Use Mossy Meadow Ink to stamp your tree line along the bottom of the card.
Tip: To create a variation in light and dark color you want to stamp it once and continue to stamp the tree line without inking the stamp. This will create a variation in color.
3. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock.
4. Cut a 4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Center and layer this piece on top of your Early Espresso Cardstock.
5. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
Tip: Be sure to stamp your image before adhering it to the Crumb Cake Cardstock.
1. Use Memento Ink to stamp your horse.
2. Color your horse using the following Stampin’ Blends:
Horse – Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Horse Shoes – Smokey Slate
Grass – Mossy Meadow
3. Once your horse is colored center and adhere it to the top of your Crumb Cake Cardstock.
Tip: Use a few stampin dimensionals to pop up your image off the Crumb Cake Cardstock. This gives your card a bit of dimension.
4. Adhere the Early Espresso Cardstock towards the left of your card base.
5. Stamp your sentiment in Mossy Meadow above your trees.
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock. Center and layer this piece inside your card.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Center and layer this piece inside your Early Espresso Cardstock.
3. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
4. Stamp your horses using Memento Black Ink.
5. Color your horses using Soft Suede and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
6. Highlight your grass using the Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends.
7. Once your image is colored center and adhere it inside your card.
I also love the horses stamp set, they are wild and free, and realistic looking.
Love these horses, I will be ordering this stamp set very soon and can’t wait to play with it.
Love this stamp set. I grew up in Montana and now live in MT.