If you thought a fun fold card was hard to make I’m happy to show you it’s actually easy. Make a beautiful card with these simple steps.
Notice the various layers and how I changed up the cards by adding an embossing layer or a stamped layer on the inside. So many fun variation. I hope you give this fun fold card a try!!
Let me know if you have any questions. I’m always glad to help!! Happy Stamping, Brandy
- Cut and score card base at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Then, score at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″.
- Prep card base by folding and burnishing edges.
- Cut a 2″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Highland Heather Cardstock. Center and adhere to the front left panel.
- Cut a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Highland Heather Cardstock. Center and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Cut a 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock. Emboss using the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Center and adhere to the front, left panel.
- Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock. Use Gorgeous Grape Ink to stamp the image along the right edge. Center and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Cut a 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock. This piece will layer under your image on the card front.
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Highland Heather Cardstock. Center and adhere on top of Basic Black cardstock.
- Cut a 2-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the image using Gorgeous Grape Ink. Then, center and adhere on top of the Highland Heather cardstock.
- Adhere the image layer to the left from panel. On the back, only apply adhesive to the right side. Tip: If using liquid adhesive, be careful not use too much. It could squish out and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Cut a small banner approx. 2-3/4″ x 5/8″ and stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Ink.
- Embellish the card with Iridescent Rhinestones.
What do you think of this fun fold card? Which is your favorite? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Cardstock Layers: 3″ x 4-1/4″ Basic Black, 5-1/2″ x 2-1/8″ Blushing Bride (embossed), 2-3/4″ x 4″ Basic White (image).
This card uses the Blushing Bride ink and the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black. The card was embellished with an Iridescent Rhinestone.
Layer: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ Basic Gray, 3″ x 4-1/4″ Basic White, 2-3/4″ x 4″ Basic White (for image).
This card uses Pool Party cardstock and ink. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray ink. The card was embellished using Polished Dots.
Basic White (layer): 3″ x 4-1/4″
Basic White (layer for image): 2-3/4″ x 4″
Ink: Memento Black, Shaded Spruce
Cardstock: Basic White, Old Olive
Stamp Blends: Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo
Calming Camellia (Sale-a-bration)
Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder
Pool Party Ink
Pool Party Cardstock
Gorgeous Grape Ink
Highland Heather Cardstock
Blushing Bride Ink
Blushing Bride Cardstock
Brandy, I love this fun-fold card and appreciate all the examples you gave us. Enjoy your day!
I’m so glad you like this fun fold! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Can’t wait to get started love to learn new things
I hope you’ll give this card a try, Phyllis!
I Love your tutorial! Thank you! I will definitely purchase products! Can the host stamp you used be purchased vs free with $300? Also, What is the tool you used to remove the iridescent dots with? Thanks so much!
I’m sorry Renee, that stamp set is a host set only but you can have a virtual ‘party’ or card demonstration and see if any of your friends would want to place an order from you so that way you don’t have to purchase that $300 yourself. Feel free to email me if I can help you figure out options!
The tool you asked about is called a ‘Take Your Pick’ tool. You can find that here.
Love these cards, beautiful
Thanks so much, Flo! I hope you’ll make some of these!
Please send me a catalog.
I would love to send you a catalog Debbie! If you could please fill out this form to request your catalog that would be a huge help so I know where to mail it to. Thank you!