If you like vellum and you enjoy embossing, then you’ll have fun creating this card. Check out the beautiful Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum behind this ornament. I love how it complimented the snowflake on the ornament.
Keep in mind, if you don’t have the Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, you might consider stamping snowflakes on vellum and embossing them.
The ornament really pops off the card when it’s heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It’s very realistic, shiny and maybe even looks a bit wet. I love it!!
1.Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and fold in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to adhere inside your card. This is for your stamped message and to write your own personal message on.
3. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece will frame your Vellum.
4. Cut a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Smoky Slate Cardstock & Fancy Foil Designer Vellum.
Tip: Use mini glue dots to center and mount your vellum. If you can, try to use the mini glue dot behind a snowflake, it will help hide them.
5. Cut a 7/8″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. You’ll want to stamp your image on your strip and use stampin dimensionals to pop it up off your card.
Tip: I used StazOn Black Ink to stamp my greeting from the Versatile Christmas Greeting!!
1.Using your Big Shot and Delicate Ornament Thinlit Die to cut our your desired ornament, topper and embellishement.
2. Ink your ornament up with VersaMark and then sprinkle clear embossing powder over it.
3. Use your Heat Tool to heat and melt the clear embossing powder.
Tip: Be careful, you can over heat it and burn your cardstock. Lol, I’ve done it!!
4. Use a mini glue dot to adhere the top of your ornament.
5. I used the Stampin’ Up! Silver Cording Trim to tie a bow through my embellishment and then a mini glue dot to adhere it to my ornament.
Clear #140857 or Wood #140856
Foil Sheets Gold #132622
Silver #139620 or Gold #139618