Today’s card features the Stampin Up Crafting Forever Stamp Set from the New 2017 Stampin Up Catalog.
This card was designed for my team color challenge. It’s fun and I loved the sentiment. Lol!!
The colors for the May color challenge are Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Smoky Slate.
love to challenge my team by giving them colors and letting them go to work. It’s a wonderful way to grow in color and design.
I had fun creating the background on the smoky slate cardstock using smoky slate ink. I wanted to give the cardstock some depth and dimension. Therefore, I stamped the fun line from the Stampin Up Playful Backgrounds Stamp Set.
I hope you enjoy my project today!! Thank you for stopping by. Blessings, Brandy
For more creative inspiration and cards created for this challenge ~ CLICK HERE!!
Base & Background
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of whisper white cardstock. Fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of tempting turquoise cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to your card using stampin dimensionals.
3. Cut a 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″ piece of smoky slate cardstock. You’ll wan to stamp this piece before centering and adhering it to your smoky slate cardstock.
Tip: To create the lined background I used a smoky slate ink pad and the lined stamp from the Stampin Up Playful Backgrounds Stamp Set. Its easy peasy!!
1. Cut a 3-1/8″ x 2-7/8″ piece of whisper white cardstock. You’ll center this on the front of your card and adhere it with stampin dimensionals.
2. Cut a 3″ x 2-3/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock. You’ll want to stamp your sentiment before centering and adhering this piece to your larger rectangle.
3. To create the scissors I stamped them on smoky slate cardstock and cut them out. I also stamped them on whisper white cardstock as well as pumpkin pie cardstock. I found it easiest to cut out the handle of the scissors and adhere them on the smoky slate. I also cut the white circles and added them to the top of the scissor handles.
4. I added a silver enamel shape to the scissors. It really brought them to life!
5. I stamped my sentiment on tempting turquoise cardstock and hand cut it out. I just used a mini glue dot to add it to my card.
Crafting Forever Stamp Set
Available ~ June 1st, 2017