Have you ever tried a color challenge? If so, then you already know how difficult it can be when your given colors you don’t normally use. That’s the case with today’s challenge.
It took me a few days to think of these colors and pick the perfect stamp set to use with them.I first pull the sheets of paper and stamp pads and start flipping through the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs until I see a stamp set that I can use or see a card that inspires me.
My card was inspired by the card created by Stampin’ Up! on p. 12 of the Sale-a-bration Catalog. I really, really liked the colors and loved the candle stamped in the background. I think that was my favorite feature of that card so I had to CASE it!
1. Cut a 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Hello Honey Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock . One will layer inside your card and the other will be for the top of your card.
3. Using a Hello Honey stamp pad to stamp the yellow candles all over your 4: x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
4. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. This piece will be layered under your image.
5. Cut a 2″ x 2″ piece of Whisper White Card stock to stamp your image.
6. Stamp the same image again on Hello Honey Cardstock and Tangelo Twist Cardstock.
7. I used scissors to cut out the “celebrate” and I fussy cut the “CAKE”. Yep, I cut each letter out and adhered them to the blackberry bliss stamped image.
8. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop this layered blackberry bliss square piece up off the card.
9. Once you adhere your Blackberry Bliss Square you can then stamp our Blackberry Bliss Happy Birthday because you can now see where is should be placed.
Thanks for stopping by BrandysCards and for enjoying my projects and tutorials. Check back on January 6th for complete details on Sale-a-bration. If you don’t already have a demonstrator and you would like a Spring and Sale-a-bration catalogs. Fill out my form below!
Catalog Request Form
If you are interested in receiving a Stampin’ Up catalog, please fill out the request form below. If you currently have a demonstrator, please ask your current demonstrator for the catalog, because I do have to pay for the catalogs and for shipping. However, if you don’t have a demonstrator and are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, I’d love the opportunity to share Stampin’ Up with you, answer any questions and earn your business.