So, after much thought and sleepless nights crafting in my dreams, I decided to take it a step further and started my toilet paper experiment. I layered the toilet paper and spritzed it… trying to figure out what to do with this limp, wet mess. Then it hit me… I grabbed an embossing folder and ran the layered, wet toilet paper through the big shot. At first, I was nervous as water dripped out the sides of the embossing folder all over my Big Shot.
However, I opened the embossing folder and was amazed at the beauty of the textured background. I let it dry and decided to finish the card with toilet paper embellishments. I hope you enjoy this project. It’s Bootiful!
1. Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Smokey Slate cardstock and fold in half. This is the base.
2. Cut a 5-1/4” x 4” piece of Whisper White cardstock. This piece will layer inside your card. 3. Cut a 5-1/4” x 4” piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock. This piece will layer on top of your card. 4. Take 5 ply of toilet paper and layer them on top of each other.
Tip: Look for toilet paper that has texture. I used Cottonelle brand for this project.
5. Using a water bottle, spritz the layered toilet paper. You want it rather moist but not saturated.
6. Lay the moist layers of toilet paper inside the Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot.
Tip: You will see water drip out of the side of the embossing folder. This is OK. Just use a paper towel to clean up excess water.
7. Very carefully, tear the edges of the toilet paper to give it a rough, torn edge.
Tip: Make sure you don’t trim it too short. Keep your Pretty in Pink cardstock close by and keep a close eye on the size as you tear it.
8. Once the edges are torn and you are happy with the size, use a heat tool to help speed up the drying process. Just be careful not to stay in one spot too long as it may burn your toilet paper. The heat tools get rather hot!
9. Once your textured background is dry, spritz it with a Pearl Shimmer Mist. This will give it a beautiful shimmer.
10. Take one ply of toilet paper and fold it in half. Use a light layer of Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to hold the folded ply of toilet paper together. This is what you’ll layer your image on.
Tip: Use very little multipurpose liquid glue, as it may show through the toilet paper if it’s too thick.
11. Use StazOn Black Ink to stamp your Bootiful boot on a piece of Whisper White scrap paper. You can color it using a Pretty in Pink marker. If you don’t have a Pretty in Pink marker, you can use an aqua painter and the ink from the top of your ink pad.
Tip: Squeeze a closed stamp pad a few times to deposit ink on the inside cover. It’s a great way to pick up color with your Aqua Painter.
12. Cut your boot out with Paper Snips/scissors.
13. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the boot off your toilet paper layer.
14. Add jewel rhinestones to your boot.
15. Make the flower embellishment the same way as the textured background. Layer a piece of toilet paper and spritz it with water. 16. Tear it down to size and press it inside the clay mold. Slowly take it out of the clay mold and use your heat tool to dry it.
Tip: The flower might come apart a bit. Just use a drop of Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to hold it in shape.
17. Use Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere it to your card.
18. Staying with the theme of the card, I cut a small piece of toilet paper to size and stamped my sentiment.
19. To add fluff to the boot, I scrunched up toilet paper pieces and used Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere it to the boot.
Stampin’ Up! Bootiful Stamp Set, Big Shot, Spritz Bottle, Water, Toilet Paper, Heat Tool, Aqua Painter, Paper Snips/Scissors, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, StazOn Black Ink, Pearl Shimmer Mist, Jewel Rhinestones, Stampin’ Up! Clay Molds, Pretty in Pink Marker, Pretty in Pink Cardstock, Smokey Slate Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder