USE AN ORDINARY NAPKIN TO CREATE A SOPHISTICATED CARD WITH VERSAMARK, HEAT N STICK POWDER AND DAZZLING DIAMONDS GLITTER.
One day, while out shopping, I ran across these fabulous peacock napkins. I had to purchase them and headed straight home to see how I could transfer them to cardstock. I pulled out HeatnBond and ironed it on the back of the napkin. Then, I ironed it right onto my card stock just like fabric. YIKES… now I’ll never look at napkins the same way. Lol!
1. Cut a 8-1/2” x 7-1/2” piece of Basic Black cardstock and fold the 8-1/2” side in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 4” x 7-1/4 piece of pool party card stock to layer on top of your base.
3. Cut (2) 3-7/8” x 7-1/8”pieces of Whisper White cardstock. One will layer inside your card and the other will layer on top of the Pool Party cardstock.
4. Cut a (1) piece piece of 3-3/4” x7” piece of Whisper White cardstock to iron your napkin on to it.
5. Prepare napkin to iron on HeatnBond adhesive.
Tip: If you have a napkin that is several layers thick, you’ll want to pull the layers apart so you have only one ply. This is the piece you’ll iron your HeatnBond to.
6. Lay the pretty side of your napkin face down. Lay the tacky part of the HeatnBond on top of the napkin. Use an iron to melt the HeatnBond onto the napkin. Let it cool.
7. Once the HeatnBond is cool, you can pull off the contact paper.
8. Lay the sticky side of the napkin over your Whisper White cardstock and carefully iron it. This will cause the adhesive to activate and transfer the napkin to the cardstock.
9. Next, use a VersaMark pad and cover the entire decorated napkin.
10. Sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder over the napkin covered in VersaMark. 11. Use a heat tool to melt the Heat & Stick Powder.
Tip: Be careful… you just want to melt the Heat & Stick Powder. You don’t want to completely dry it and set it.
12. Once the Heat & Stick Powder melts, you can sprinkle a layer of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over it.
13. Use your heat tool to dry and set the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Your napkin should now be beautifully bedazzled!