This card looks sophisticated but is very, very easy to do. I promise… give it a try!!!
One of my favorite features of this card is the fact that it folds flat. When you open it… surprise!! Out comes a super cute little Koala saying “Thinking of You!”
Not only does it fold flat, but it pops up and stays free standing. You can write a special note on the back.
This card would bring a smile every time you looked at it. I love it for that reason!! Enjoy the written or video tutorial below!
1. Cut a 3″ x 5-1/2″ piece of whisper white cardstock. This is the base for your image.
2. Cut 2-7/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of daffodil delight cardstock and layer it on top of your base.
3. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock. This is the layer you’ll stamp your image.
Tip: Stamp your image and color it before adhering it to your base. This way if you don’t like it you can flip it over or toss it.
4. Use StazOn Black Ink to stamp your image. Let it dry.
5. Color your Stampin Up Kind Koala using an Aqua Painter and a Smoky Slate Stamp Pad.
Tip: Squeeze your smoky slate stamp pad to deposit ink on the top of the lid. You can lift this ink with your aqua painter to color your Koala. Or you can add a couple of drops to the lid from your refill bottle.
6. Clean your aqua painter and use a Pink Pirouette stamp pad to color the Koala’s ears.
Create a Flower Using Punches
Use the following punches to achieve the super cute flower!! I used my scissors to cut in on the scallops. I made my cuts after every 2 petals. This gives you the opportunity to fluff the petals and make it more life like.
|Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack||133787|
|7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch||129404|
|1-1/4″ Circle Scallop Punch||127811|
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Old Olive cardstock. This is your base.
Tip: Ink up your background stamp and stamp it in the of your old olive cardstock… approx. at 5-1/2″ before you score and prep your cardstock.
2. Using an exacto knife cut one small line under the 5-1/2″ score line and one line above the 5-1/2″ score line. Be sure to leave a 1/2″ of each side. Cut the ends and pop this piece out. Your Koala will pop up out of this center cut!
3. Score the long side of your cardstock at 1″ 2-3/4″, 3-3/4″, 5-1/2″, 7-1/4″, 8-1/4″ and 10″
4. Prep all score lines.
5. Bend your base around underneath until the 1″ score and the 10″ lines meet. Use your Tear and Tape Adhesive to adhere your Koala base to one side of the 1″ base. Your going to sandwich the Koala base between your 1″ and 10″ scored pieces. See pick or video featuring fold.
6. Cut (2) 1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of old olive cardstock and use your old olive stamp pad and stamp to add the background.
Tip: One you put your base together adhere your 1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ pieces to the front and back of your base. This keeps your card standing tall and firm when pushed down.
7. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of cardstock and stamp your background on it. Use your Stampin’ Up! fringe scissors to cut your grass! If you want you can add your twine.
Great Job!!! You did it!! I hope you enjoyed today’s card and tutorial. Thank you for supporting my efforts and for your business. Have a Blessed Day!!